1. The Big Bamboozle:
An overview of the spells we need to break free of in order to become free to build the future we yearn for.
2. Why Prior Visions of Humanity’s Potential Have Failed:
Key reasons grand visions fall short.
3. What Solution Should We Seek?
How we can fulfill humanity’s potential.
4. TheCESS Roadmap Overview:
An integrated framework for integrating personal freedom and societal wellbeing through spiritually-informed psychological wisdom.
The Big Bamboozle
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken”
— Carl Sagan
Here is a short list of some of the more common bamboozle messages:
- The biggest key to personal fulfillment or the pursuit of happiness is worldly success, power, wealth, or excessive consumerism.
- Health is keeping symptoms of being unhealthy under control.
- Capitalism is inherently sociopathic.
- Competition is better than cooperation.
- To attain financial abundance you must sacrifice purpose and ethics.
- To attain purpose and maintain ethics you must sacrifice financial abundance.
- Patriotism is my version over everyone else’s or my country over everyone else’s.
- If you favor personal freedom, you must view those who favor the common good as entitled moochers. If you favor the common good, you must view those who favor personal freedom as toxic narcissists. Either way, you must choose one over the other.
- To get things done, you must use coercive manipulation, and if that doesn’t work, you must settle for compromise.
- The future is out of our hands.
“We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy our economy.”
— Chris Hedges
QUESTION: There are many more bamboozle messages. What others can you think of?
Consider what these messages have in common, who they serve, and what believing them creates. Believing bamboozle messages…
- Erodes personal freedom, societal wellbeing, or both.
- Helps create a dystopian future for humanity.
- Might serve the agenda of a handful of uber-wealthy, uber-powerful people or groups, but at the expense of the rest of us
“The perfect dictatorship would have the appearance of a democracy, but would basically be a prison without walls in which the prisoners would not even dream of escaping. It would essentially be a system of slavery where, through consumption and entertainment, the slaves would love their servitudes.”
— Aldous Huxley
“Once you get used to a messed up way of doing things it’s hard to remember another way.”
— The Orville, season 3, episode 10
Why Prior Visions of Humanity’s Potential Have Failed
The founders of the United States had a brilliant notion that enlightened governance meant simultaneously preserving personal freedom and promoting collective wellbeing. Out of their many disagreements over how to best accomplish this, a consensus emerged that became the United States Constitution and its Bill of Rights. Similarly, many (though arguably not all) of the founders of the League of Nations and the United Nations had a brilliant notion that global cooperation and uplifting all people was a better vision for humanity than war and poverty. But, how to accomplish this lofty intention has remained elusive. As the saying goes, “Democracy: great concept, never been tried.”
“The root of violence is the illusion of separation—from God, from Being itself, and from being one with everyone and everything. When we don’t know we are connected, we will invariably resort to some form of violence to get the dignity and power we lack.” — Father Richard Rohr
All of these grand visions fell short for the same reason: even though it’s people who would have to implement these visions of governance, these frameworks were missing the necessary spiritually-informed psychological wisdom to make them work.
“The real problem of humanity is the following: We have Paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions and godlike technology.” — Dr. E.O. Wilson, Sociobiologist
Humanity’s future is not a crap shoot unless we are bamboozled into believing that. Additionally, I can think of no legitimate reason that deciding what humanity’s future will look like should be in the hands of a small group of people. Believing these things simply replicates the tyranny that caused people to break away from to form the United States.
“The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.” — Thomas Sowell
Remaining asleep in a bamboozle web of spells is no solution. Rebelling against these or trying to lock up their purveyors is no solution.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that he himself doesn’t become a monster.” — Friederich Nietzsche
QUESTION: What additional explanations can you think of that have prevented successful implementation of grand visions for humanity’s best future?
What Solution Should We Seek for Fulfilling Humanity’s Potential?The solution to these failures is birthing a psychospiritually wise vision that’s far more compelling than the bamboozle spells. One that deeply enlivens and fully empowers us as individuals, that deeply synergizes collective wellbeing, and that harmonizes with our planet. Actualizing that kind of integrated vision requires a practical plan that turns it from good intentions into lived results. Such a plan must equip people to walk the talk of the vision, and to collaborate far more effectively than will ever be possible through competition, coercion, or compromise.
We’re in a major world-historical moment of transformation in which the old world is passing away, and the new world hasn’t emerged yet.” — Zak Stein, Co-Founder, Consilience Project.
”Technology is “any new and better way of doing things.” — From “Zero to One” by Peter Thiel.
“Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then, for a second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.”
― Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
“Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.” — From “The Ballad of Jack and Diane,” by John Mellencamp
“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.” — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
QUESTION: What about this solution do you resonate with?
TheCESS Roadmap Overview
There’s no doubt that the solution to seek will be a challenge to enact. However, it’s far better to try and fall short than to settle for being bamboozled.
- Enlightened Self-Sovereignty is built on five premises:
We are meant to be the architects of humanity’s future, not the victims of random developments or sinister agendas.
- We are spiritual conduits for bringing forth humanity’s future not egos who know better than spirit what humanity is meant to become.
- Our fundamental architecture as humans is that we are social beings endowed with free will. We are driven to be who we truly are (authentic), to bond with others (connection), and to influence the world around us (impact). Healthy societies support these drives by integrating personal and societal wellbeing instead of favoring one over the other.
- Integrating vision, strategy, and tactics, is more capable of creating success than uncoordinated piecemeal approaches. Integration includes individuals, couples and families, affinity groups, communities, countries, humanity, and our planet. It includes education, media, businesses, spiritual/religious groups, helping professionals, and government.
- Resolving issues at root cause creates better solutions than managing symptoms. Integrating vision, strategy, and tactics, creates more success than piecemeal approaches.
TheCESS Roadmap includes:
Freedom From Spells
Crystallizing Your Personal Purpose
Initiatives for Facilitating Upleveling
Optional Advanced Training Resources
All of these ingredients revolve around community interaction resources for enhanced mutual support & collaboration.
“If I am not for myself, who will be? But if I am for myself alone, what am I? And if not now, when?
QUESTION: What questions do you have about this roadmap?
Joining the CESS is simple. Visit our website and sign up as a free member today. By taking this step, you open the doors to a transformative journey, where personal growth, spiritual alignment, and social impact converge.
The time is now to break free from conditioning, embrace spiritual self-sovereignty, and uplevel your capacities. Join the Center for Enlightened Self-Sovereignty and become a part of a community dedicated to co-creating a transcendent future.
Together, let us embark on a path of personal fulfillment and collective well-being that serves us all.
Become a Founding Member of the CESS and step into a future where personal fulfillment and social impact go hand in hand.